Insofar as timescales are concerned we can give the following information;
- Residential Conveyancing – we always try to aim to complete a transaction within 6 to 8 weeks from receipt of the paperwork. This does depend on the ability of all other parties to complete the transaction within this timescale and sometimes if there is a long chain the timescale will extend. Government guidance on completions is 16 weeks but we do try very hard to avoid any transaction taking this long although sometimes it is out of our control.
- Commercial Conveyancing – this does vary from transaction to transaction. Leases can often be dealt with in up to 4 weeks but some more complex transactions can take much longer depending on other circumstances. For more information please do not hesitate to call us.
- Wills – these can be done relatively quickly depending on our instructions and can take between a few days for urgent matter to a couple of weeks for more complicated matters.
- LPA’s – the initial completion of the application takes only 2-3 weeks but the OPG do take approximately 4 weeks to register the LPA once in receipt of the application
- Probate – it Is impossible to confirm how long this takes until we have full knowledge of the estate we are dealing with. Please call us to discuss any potential timescales so we can try and give you as much accurate information as possible.